two speakers, huge price difference. what am i missing?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Dec 17, 2011.

1. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I don't know Crutchfield, but Newegg always has good prices.

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Go for Newegg.

Crutchfield tries to pretend it's a higher end catalog place and charges accordingly.

3. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

wow...so im guessing Newegg had the price listed incorrectly as it is now priced at 599.00 on their website.

good news is the sub is in my living room and i only paid 330.00 for it!

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

$399 on Amazon. Like others said though, Newegg typically has better prices compared to Crutchfield.

5. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

ahhh...damn..here I thought I scored only to find out Im still a chump :(

6. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Crutchfield has incredible customer service and they back things up as long as you own the product. You may pay a bit more, but sometimes it works out. I bought a car stereo from Crutchfield (on sale) and got detailed instructions, the receiver kit, and the wiring harness for no extra charge. In the end I was money (and time) ahead.

7. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

I thought Crutchfield was famous for selling overpriced wiring harness adapters and mediocre equipment at high prices?

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Crutchfield is worth the extra money for car audio because they do throw in all of that stuff for "free" (I use that term loosely since you're paying for it with a higher price on the stereo compared to a place like Amazon, but it's convenient one stop shopping for the harness and dash kit and it is guaranteed to fit), but it's less relevant for home theater equipment where you don't need that stuff.

9. carlgo macrumors 68000

Crutchfield has a very high customer satisfaction rating, gives excellent lifetime technical advice and throws in a lot of extras that tends to close the price gap on some items at least.

It is not the WalMart of the electronics world for sure and that is how they like it.

One should always balance the costs and the services required, and of course research the products.