two spiegen thin cases received today

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Glene, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Glene macrumors 6502

received a "thin fit A" and a "Airskin" for a 6 +

Thin Fit A - nice fit but open at both ends - why the top too? Very thin - smooth hard plastic - not a lot of grip - nice slate color

Airskin - a bit thinner , about as thin as you can get - a little cheapo looking but only open at bottom. Also not a lot of grip like the Apple silicone.

still ok stuff for Amazon prices....but IMO, still lose out to the apple silicone ( but much more $)
    [​IMG]

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Once you get the Air Skin on the phone, it doesn't feel cheap. It hugs the phone so tightly it gets all of its "structure" from the phone, and just feels like it's not even there.

Of course, the Air Skin isn't for those who want drop protection. It's for those who want the feeling of a naked phone, but want to protect against scratches. Also, the camera lens still sticks out from the case slightly because it's so thin. It's not a big deal to me, because the lens is sapphire anyway, but some don't like that.

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Can you show photos of the case on your phone? I totally love the super slim cases. I realize they don't offer drop protection but I usually put a glass screen protector and that's worked for fall protection in the past for me.

5. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Photos are below. Enjoy!

It's a great case, but I'm starting to think I might like the Shumuri case better, as it doesn't have a "lip" at the edges of the screen. There isn't much of one on the Air Skin, but you can feel it just slightly, and I love the feel of the rounded edges on the new screen. Don't want to interfere with that.

More discussion on the Shumuri cases here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1782294

My Spigen Air Skin photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Thanks for the photos. I'm hoping to have my 6 Plus and my Air Skin cases all come this week. The phone is due on Thursday and the cases say they shipped but the body e-mail with the tracking number was empty so I have no idea when they'll come. Hopefully the same time as the phone or before.

I'm usually terrible with trying out a ton of cases for my new phones and tablets and kick myself every time for the waste. Hopefully the Spigen AirSkin will work for me. My preference is for a thin case with a glass protector but I'm not sure this combo will work for me with the Plus. Especially with the rounded edges not being covered.

Maybe you can answer one more question - do you use a third party keyboard? If so, what's your preference? I'm usually a landscape thumb typer and I can see it's not going to work with the Plus standard keyboard. Any suggestions?

7. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that detail regarding the Shumuri. That's the one thing I don't like about the Air Skin. Otherwise, it's a great low profile case. Although, it does seem these matte, thin cases are now popping up on eBay. I'll probably order some to see how they compare.

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I don't use one, but do a search on Amazon then filter by category, then sort by customer review ratings. That's how I research almost everything these days. With Amazon reviews, you have to take the 5 star and 1 star reviews with a grain of salt, but the others usually give you a good idea of the pros and cons.

But my bigger suggestion would be to start using Siri more. Even if you don't actually use the Siri functions, whenever the keyboard is up, hit the dictation button and just dictate instead of typing. It has gotten really fast and very accurate in iOS8, to where I've started using it a lot more lately.

Good luck!

----------

If you do, come back and post or even start a new one to let us all know. I'd love it if I could find a cheap one that has the lower screen profile, but the images for them all look like they have a lip.