Two step verification issues

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by martynscott, Jul 16, 2015.

1. martynscott macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm having a nightmare with the new two step verification.

I've recently reinstalled OS X Yosemite after a new HDD install.

No when I come to sign into the App Store, Messages, FaceTime & iTunes I get refused entry.

The information of location & passcode appear on my iPhone and iPad, but don't allow me to input them into any of these apps, instead under the email & password I receive "Error Description Not Available"

I can sign into iCloud no problem on my Mac.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks.

Martyn

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Try repairing permissions in Disk Utility and reboot. See if that helps.

3. martynscott thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, gave that ago and same result. Also reinstalled and it's still the same situation.

4. martynscott thread starter macrumors newbie

After a conversation with Apple support.

For anyone else having the same issues.

Add the verification code onto the end of you password and sign in.

5. AppleFanBoy82 macrumors member

you need to go to id.apple.com - click on manage id - then enter email and password you use for iTunes and iCloud - enter the code it gives you (should be a six digit code) - then scroll down to where it says security - then click on turn off two step verification - i had the exact same issue when reinstalled software on both macbook air and iPhone 6 - after numerous calls to apple who said as my account was a developer account they can't help and speak to that department, only problem was i was not a developer just a public beta tester - so that department couldn't help as i wasn't a developer - i was stuck for one week with no help (for some unknown reason my manage id account was sending me to the apple id beta website (due to be released soon) - the best way to do the earlier steps is via an iPhone or tablet - this way i was able to turn off the two step verification as was unable to do so on laptop or pc
    I seriously hope you have sorted it out if not follow steps noted above