Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martynscott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Derby, England
Hi all,

I'm having a nightmare with the new two step verification.

I've recently reinstalled OS X Yosemite after a new HDD install.

No when I come to sign into the App Store, Messages, FaceTime & iTunes I get refused entry.

The information of location & passcode appear on my iPhone and iPad, but don't allow me to input them into any of these apps, instead under the email & password I receive "Error Description Not Available"

I can sign into iCloud no problem on my Mac.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks.

Martyn

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hi all,

I'm having a nightmare with the new two step verification.

I've recently reinstalled OS X Yosemite after a new HDD install.

No when I come to sign into the App Store, Messages, FaceTime & iTunes I get refused entry.

The information of location & passcode appear on my iPhone and iPad, but don't allow me to input them into any of these apps, instead under the email & password I receive "Error Description Not Available"

I can sign into iCloud no problem on my Mac.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks.

Martyn

Try repairing permissions in Disk Utility and reboot. See if that helps.

martynscott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Derby, England
After a conversation with Apple support.

For anyone else having the same issues.

Add the verification code onto the end of you password and sign in.

AppleFanBoy82

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2015
Mexborough, UK
you need to go to id.apple.com - click on manage id - then enter email and password you use for iTunes and iCloud - enter the code it gives you (should be a six digit code) - then scroll down to where it says security - then click on turn off two step verification - i had the exact same issue when reinstalled software on both macbook air and iPhone 6 - after numerous calls to apple who said as my account was a developer account they can't help and speak to that department, only problem was i was not a developer just a public beta tester - so that department couldn't help as i wasn't a developer - i was stuck for one week with no help (for some unknown reason my manage id account was sending me to the apple id beta website (due to be released soon) - the best way to do the earlier steps is via an iPhone or tablet - this way i was able to turn off the two step verification as was unable to do so on laptop or pc
I seriously hope you have sorted it out if not follow steps noted above

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.