Two Students wanting to attend WWDC to develop applications

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by themacguy12, Mar 27, 2008.

1. themacguy12 macrumors regular

themacguy12

Hey Guys and Gals,

My partner and I have started looking into developing Macintosh and iPhone applications. We both have written small apps and widgets (still working on the iPhone apps). And to kick us off and getting started, we both would love to attend WWDC this coming June. But, being students, we do not have the financial needs to get to the event, much less get a ticket to attend. So, if you were a student that would love getting deeper and deeper in developing for the Mac and iPhone community what would you do? Send a sympathetic letter to Steve? I'm not sure what we can do, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Apply for a WWDC scholarship. They give out quite a few.

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

You say student but we don't know your age. There is a rather hard rule that no one under 18 is allowed inside. If that applies to you then wait until next year, repeat as required.

If you are a student who meets the age requiremet they have discounts available.

4. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

The problem is, I don't think they're doing it this year. At least I haven't been able to find the application.

5. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

It's definitely not there (http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/students/index.html - the usual URL), but do they usually announce it later?

I'm sure it's not really profitable for them to have the scholarships. Plus they know they're going to get a ton of attendees this year from the iPhone.