Two things I'm surprised ALL email clients don't do

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nashvillian, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Nashvillian macrumors newbie

I hope these features are available in some email client for Mac. If so, please let me know the name of the app.

1. When I start typing an email address or a name, auto complete shows me a drop-down list of people/addresses that match. So many times, that list includes addresses that are outdated or are not in the format that I desire. I know I can get out of that email, go look up that listing and change or delete the information, but seldom do I have the time, nor want to go to the trouble, to do all that. Why can't I select an address from that drop-down list, right-click/control-click/two-finger-click on it and edit it or delete it? And yes, I know that I can edit the name/email address for the specific email I'm sending, but that doesn't change the main record. The next time auto-complete comes up, the edited version is not there, the old one still is. Doesn't any program do this?

2. Delayed send. Seems like that would be a no-brainer. I can set all kinds of alarms, alerts and reminders for just about any time, but I can't write an email to remind someone of a meeting and have it sent on the day prior to the meeting. I'm willing to leave my machine on 24/7. I'm no programmer, but that sure seems like it would be easy and WAY useful!

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

2. Mikey7c8 macrumors regular

1. Personally, I'd just update my address book but I'm sure someone would write you a firebird plugin to do this, depending on how much it's worth to you.

2. ************************** (I'd use a web service, no need to leave your computer on 24/7)

3. ScoobyMcDoo, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Well, for the delayed send for purposes of sending reminders, have you considered sending a meeting invite which includes a reminder?

One other thing you can do is create an event in iCal, which will execute a script which sends an email.

4. robgendreau macrumors 68040

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Dunno about Mail, but you can totally do this in Outlook; there's a "Do Not Deliver Before" option under Mail Options when composing a new email, and it'll sit in your outbox until that date.

6. Nashvillian thread starter macrumors newbie

I did. It doesn't appear to have that feature.

7. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

8. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

set the meeting in ical, get info on event set invitees and then I'm guessing there would be a form of reminder? :s