Two thoughts after two months

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by NotSafeForWork, Jun 27, 2015.

1. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

Got a SS Watch on the first day (April 24) and have worn it every day since.

Only change has been from Milanese to Link bracelet.

Much of my opinion is the same as others here but there are 2 main themes for me that have emerged from these 2 months:-

1) Speed - the apps and UI will need to be *much* faster for the Watch to really shine - some 1st party and most 3rd party apps are too slow to find and launch to be useful - it's faster to get out your iPhone for almost every scenario. The app icon home screen is a terrible design and makes selecting an app hit-or-miss. Hoping these get fixed over next few OS upgrades.

2) The Activity rings are a killer feature. Yes, there are Fitbits and other similar bands but having a beautiful watch that also doubles as a fitness tracker works really well. I have lost 8lbs over 8 weeks just making sure the rings are complete each day. This benefit surprised me.

I love the look of the watch, I don't want to be without it but with more speed it will come in to its own.

p.s. Apple also really need to fix the calendar bugs before I can trust the complication when I have a busy day - it is often missing appointments that are present on my iPhone calendar.

Attached Files:

2. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

Not having any calendar issues in either outlook or iCloud, but generally otherwise agree with you assessment.

Things they got right: Bluetooth and wifi phone link has been flawless. Makes a pebble look like a piece of cow dung by comparison...Notifications, once you sort them out appropriately. And Siri is a goddess on the watch compared to the phone.

3. NotSafeForWork thread starter macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

I have an Exchange account that is managed by a delegate and that configuration seems to confuse the Watch. The iPhone used to have similar problems but got fixed in iOS8.3. I'm thinking the code snap Apple took for the Watch was before this fix.

4. usmcchet macrumors member

usmcchet

I would like to see "colored" fitness rings like is shown within the app that dont change when you change the screen color....same with the moon phases ......

5. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

Just so you know:

It seems 8.4 did something with loading speed on glances. There's updates in the background now all of a sudden and are generally much faster to load when not updated for a while!

6. NotSafeForWork thread starter macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork