Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DNAppleGold

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
I just bought a new 2t Time Capsule (TC) because I was running out of back-up space. (I have 3 computers being backed up). So I have this perfectly good 500gig TC. Can I use the "old" TC for extra back up? To extend my wireless network? Just sell it? Suggestions welcome.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
I just bought a new 2t Time Capsule (TC) because I was running out of back-up space. (I have 3 computers being backed up). So I have this perfectly good 500gig TC. Can I use the "old" TC for extra back up? To extend my wireless network? Just sell it? Suggestions welcome.

is it past the 18 month time for dead time capsules. old time capsules died after 18 months of use but those were the first generation versions. If it is you could sell it. I don't know what generation you have but you could get anywhere from 80-150 dollars in my opinion depending on condition and version. You could use it to extend the network. I don't know if you could use it for extra storage wirelessly. If you do have a large house I would extend the network. It comes in handy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.