Two touch family...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brewerpaul, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I've been using a borrowed iPod Touch for a couple of weeks now (LOVE it!) and will be getting my own 2ng gen very soon. My wife will be buying the one that I've been borrowing.
    She'll want most or all of the stuff I've installed in the Touch, but from here on she'll want to manage all of her tunes, photos, apps, etc separately and so will I.
    Can we manage two Touches separately on one PC with one iTunes? Thinking ahead, I named the current Touch with her name and I'll register mine with my name naturally. When we plug our Touches in, will iTunes correctly synch the Touch contents unique to each device?
    Alternatively, my wife has her own PC-- would she just be best off setting up her own account, installing iTunes and using her own computer from here on? Thanks. I'm probably making this issue more difficult than it is...;)

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you can manage from one PC, you just need to tick the box that says Manually manage music and videos.

you will have to manually select new playlists, songs, videos etc and manually click sync

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Alternately, you could set up two playlists, one for you and one for your wife, and in the music tab for the respective ipods, select the playlist you want to sync with that ipod. Same with contact info, apps, videos, etc. For each ipod you can select exactly what to sync, so you and your wife can each pick out exactly what you want on your ipods from the collection you have in your iTunes.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

For "Manually Manage Music And Videos" you don't need to make playlist, you can just drag and drop all the music or videos.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That works if all the music you want on your ipod fits on the ipod, and if you don't update your music library frequently. If you like to swap in and out your music files frequently, playlists are the way to go.

Anyway, just letting the OP know there are different options. ;)