Two upcoming iPhone tidbits from an Apple Store manager...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timriley, Oct 2, 2007.

1. timriley macrumors newbie

Not sure if this is old news already, but I was chatting with an Apple Store manager this week and was told two bits of info:

1. Apple is setting up the wifi store with Starbucks in such a way that customers at Starbucks will be able to see the last 10 songs played at Starbucks and purchase them.

2. Apple is working on the next generation iPhone that will be overall significantly smaller (surface area-wise) than the current 1st generation iPhone...

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

1. Sounds like the plan

2. Doubtful that an Apple Store manager would have this info.

3. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

#1 is old news, from the media event on 9/5, and has been listed on Apple's website since.
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/starbucks/

#2 sounds like speculation to me, but I guess we'll see.

4. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

1. answered

2. Just speculation because Apple store employees know nothing that the rest of us don't, and in fact would have to come here to get some of the info out there. At best they might know something a day before a launch if its same day launch and they got a shipment in for said launch.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

1) who cares

2) wrong. it's called DA NEWTON

but seriously. i don't want no smaller iPhone. if anything, i think the size is right now.

6. JPyre macrumors 6502

No, the newton will be larger, and yes 90% of Apple employees I've met, and asked, visit MacRumors daily, I used to work with a CompUSA Apple rep, and the regional Apple Store manager round here I talked to both visit here.

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

2) The Newton wouldn't be smaller.

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I think the iPod Touch would be a great size for the iPhone. And, another Touch, the HTC Touch, fits my hand like it was made for me by a Saville Row phone tailor. It would be a great size for an iPhone Nano.

9. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

I think he's implying that any new touch product could be a PDA, rather than a new iPhone.