Two weird PowerBook issues

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by WalnutSpice, Jan 7, 2016.

1. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

I've been using my PowerBook G4 (15' 1.67GHz 2005) as my main laptop for about three weeks as my main laptop and have noticed two weird issues with it that I'm not sure how to fix

Issue 1- I get a lot of radio interference when my iPhone is near it and receiver Edge/2G speeds.

Issue 2- I thought it had a dead PRAM battery but since I started using it more it seems otherwise. It used to die when in sleep mode and the battery would die when shut off. When turned back on the date and time would be reset. Sounds like a dead PRAM battery, right? But now what I do is when I'm not using it I shut it off and take the battery out and put it back in before use again. All the issues cleared up doing this and the time and date are correct when powered back on every time. It's also stopped asking for me to reenter my wifi password everytime.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would look at both the PRAM and the regular battery being bad then. If you let the main battery sit out for a long while, I would predict the PRAM battery would die as well.

3. WalnutSpice thread starter Suspended

WalnutSpice

I usually have it sit with the battery out while I'm at home and only use it at school. I'll try letting it sit all weekend then to see if that'll reset the clock. The actual battery brand new though, 3 cycles. But I guess I won't rule it out.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I am curious of the results of your testing.