Two years with my Retina Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Clark, Dec 25, 2015.

1. The Clark macrumors regular

The Clark

Two years ago today I got my Macbook Pro as a graduation gift and I have to tell you, it's been an absolute treat. This was my first Mac and it still runs incredibly fast. My Macbook has actually made my life so much easier in so many ways, especially for development and design purposes. I don't think I will ever go back to Windows laptops anytime soon. I just thought I'd make this thread in case anybody was in the same boat this year.. if you just got a Mac I'm sure you'll love it.

2. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

Vista was the last version of Windows I used as my primary OS. No surprise there that it led me to Linux and OS X I suppose, heh. I can't forsake it completely...I like computer games to much but I never even used Windows 8 and I'm in no hurry up to upgrade my Windows 7 partition. As long as it works for launching games, I'm good.

3. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I have been pleased with the Windows 10 update.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, my 2012 rMBP is going strong, I've said this in other threads, that laptop is the best laptop I've had, bar none. It has been replaced though, I now have a 2015 iMac as my main machine and I use a smaller product (see below) for my mobile needs.

Agreed, in fact I love using my SP3 as my goto machine. My MBP was being used as a desktop and my SP3 as my mobile machine but now with the iMac on my desk, my kids inherited the MBP for their needs.

5. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I have to keep other OS's in mind, since I work with Linux and Windows. But for hardware, the Macs still seem to work better. The Mac is for personal use, and for Windows use I use VMWare.