Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D35P3R4T0

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
i was talking on my iphone today and received a txt message that sent a vibrate alert that scared the crap out of me. Shouldnt vibrate mode turn itself off when you have your ear to the phone?!? it would logically make sense...

if the conversation was dull, that sure woke me up

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
i was talking on my iphone today and received a txt message that sent a vibrate alert that scared the crap out of me. Shouldnt vibrate mode turn itself off when you have your ear to the phone?!? it would logically make sense...

Most phones are this way. They'll still notify you of a new message while in the middle of the call. I actually prefer it.

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I hate it too. My old Samsung A-707 only beeped when I got a text, but the iPhone vibrates... I don't like it. I know my girlfriend's Palm Centro does this as well. Sounds like a cow mooing on the other end when I'm talking to her and someone texts her :p

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point

:eek: <<<<<that was you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.