Type e-mail on MBP - send it on iPhone later?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cdwmobile, Feb 12, 2010.

1. cdwmobile macrumors newbie

We will be taking a Med Cruise in a couple months and I'm trying to avoid the onboard internet charges. Most ports I've looked at have free wifi within a short distance. What I'd like to do is take my MBP, type my e-mails, insert pictures, etc, and save it. I would like to transfer the completed e-mail and associated media to my iPhone so that I can just hit send when I finally reach a hot spot. I don't want to carry my MBP around with me for obvious reasons.

I feel like I'm missing a simple answer to this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    CDW

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

It should transfer to the drafts folder. I'm not sure, but try it right now. Type an incomplete email, sync your iPhone, and see if it shows up in the drafts. If it does, you're clear!

3. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Depends on how you synch your email info, are you synching through iTunes or a different way (me.com, imap accounts, etc.)? If you set your phone to synch through iTunes to the mail app, you should be fine just saving to drafts.

4. cdwmobile thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm setup on an exchange server and traditionally don't sync my e-mails. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks!

5. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure iTunes doesn't sync your mail, just your mail account information.

I think you are out of luck. You will need to write the message on your iPhone. You can sync your photos over from the laptop using iTunes and iPhoto.

6. Carniphage macrumors 68000

Carniphage

Lame-ish solution

iTunes does sync the "notes" created in Mail with the Notes on the iPhone.
    Slighly lame, but you can write long mails as notes - and later send notes as email.

C.

7. cdwmobile thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems like a good solution to me. Then I'd just simply have to add pictures into the notes. Thanks!

CDW

8. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Sign up for MobileMe, I use it all the time and it works really well, plus you get 20GB with the standard account, however you can buy more space if you need to.

9. hsotnicam8002 macrumors 6502

hsotnicam8002

Best I can come up with is myphonedesktop. You buy the iPhone app and get the desktop application free. Seems to work well and can send individual text, sms or images to the iPhone from the Mac. But not for the whole email.