Type In Siri

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Sbishop84, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Sbishop84 macrumors member

so I have the first beta of iOS 11 installed and I have been going through the settings. I’ve just come across Type In Siri under the accessibility settings.

This is pretty handy if you can’t talk but want to use Siri.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 10, 2017 ---
    Here is what it looks like when using Siri.

Attached Files:

2. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Thanks for sharing. I had already heard about this feature, but would see myself using it more than the voice siri, most of the time. Of course the alternative is to type in google, which may achieve better results. For quick reminder and alarm settings, voice may still be quickest and easiest.

3. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

The only issue now is that it's either Type To Siri or nothing (unless you have Hey Siri set, but that's buggy too). It'd be great if it follows the silent switch or something.

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Beta 6 and still not seeing an option to use voice instead of text.

5. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I was wondering about this. But, if you have type to Siri on and then hit the dictation button on the keyboard when you want to use voice instead of type, wouldn't the effect be more or less the same? I'm asking because I have no idea how it'd actually work in practice but it seems like this could be a way around it for those of us who would want to use both voice and typing inputs for Siri...

6. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

It’s almost the same. More buttons have to be pushed to use the dictation on the keyboard. It would be nice to just have a keyboard and voice icon and then allow the option to default to one or the other.

7. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Yeah I figured as much. That's a good idea though, that's what they should do in the future.

8. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

I tried typing via Siri yesterday couldn’t understand take screenshot.
    Maybe I should have used spotlight.