Type underneath the Time?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eclipse525, Aug 27, 2008.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

This may be a stupid question but here goes.

What is and how do I change the type that is right underneath the Time when you first turn on your iPhone? I have NO idea how that got there and if and how I can change it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

~e

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

You mean the date? As in "Wednesday, 27 August"?

3. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

No... when you first turn on the iPhone. The screen with the slider to unlock. It has the time at the top and then I have some words "i can" underneath the time. I have no idea what that could be or how it got there. Clueless.

4. msharpmu macrumors regular

Probably a text message or a calander appointment that is either frozen or not erased.

5. tallon macrumors newbie

tallon

A restore may solve it.

Could you post a photo of it?

6. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

It actually looks like the beginning of something I was typing and got stuck up there. I just don't know how it got hung up in that section. Strange.

TALLON: I just did a restore a couple of days ago due to Apps not working and it didn't clear the issue of hanging text under the time. I notice that it remain. On the good side the Apps now work. LOL! I try and post a photo of it sometime tomorrow.

7. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Nevermind - seems you can't do a screen shot from the locked screen. :(

Do a screen shot by pressing the home button and then pressing and releasing the sleep button. The screen should flash and the screen shot will be saved to your camera roll.