Typed.com - a better blogging platform

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its a pre-announcement since its not really available yet. They have their work cut out for them - going against existing CMS platforms.

On a side note, they really need to do something with the main home page
    http://realmacsoftware.com

It really doesn't provide a professional image of the company.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks like they're trying to crowd fund this project - kind of odd, though its near the threshold they set

4. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

They should make the cut in a few hours, glad to see this doing well.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I saw that earlier today. I'm about to take advantage of a free year of Ghost, so I'm not biting.

There seems to be a strong hatred of WordPress these days, and I really don't understand it. I get people want a cleaner space to write in, but it's easy enough to do that with most writing apps out at the moment. Why not keep the really robust and secure backend, and just use your preferred app? It is easier to go download a gallery plugin within the admin, then it is to code one in with the layout and then have to include the extra attributes overtime you post with these other services.

I like writing, but sometimes I like posting a couple of images and don't necessarily want them in the essay style.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've dipped my toe in blogging on occasion but my life is too crowded as it is, so I'll not be jumping on this or any blogging tool