typed with my new (last generation) mackbookpro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tangren, Oct 15, 2008.

1. tangren macrumors newbie

hello to all!

I am now typing from my new mackbookpro(2.4gh last gen). I was quite disappointed when they decide to put in the black keyboard and glossy screen. So instead of getting a overpriced new macbook, I am getting this sweet piece of machine for a discount from school store (1399:D)

I am very happy with my first hour of mac experience:
    - professional looking
    - faster than my p4 pc
    - comfortable keyboard
    - easy to learn and VERY useful finger gesture, I might not even need a mouse anymore!
    - speaker is better than expected

questions:
    - how to use the zoom out and show all window side by side function without a mouse?
    - is it safe to carry it in my backpark? It has a separate compartment but how ever no padding on the bottom.

Thanks.

Ren

2. bimmer macrumors newbie

I'm actually about to order my new MacBook Pro (previous Gen) for quite the discount from Apple clearance. This will be my first Mac as well, very excited. Don't like the new MacBook Pro because of the keyboard and glossy screen, and don't even get me started on the price, especially the student discount they cut by 50%.

Congrats!

3. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

enjoy!
    for gods sake cycle your battery once a week or it'll die in a year.:(

4. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Congrats on the new machine. I have the same one and love it.

To answer your q's:
    1) The program you refer to - Expose - can be triggered by pressing the F3 button in the top left of your keyboard.

2) "Safe" is a relative term. Some padding is always good, but does not insure your computer won't get damaged. Best thing you can do is be careful with the backpack, don't throw it around, don't drop it and don't leave it in a place where someone can step/sit on it, or where it can be susceptible to liquids (either human beverage or animal waste). Regular usage walking with it in a bag should be fine. Enjoy!

5. GCY macrumors regular

I might be getting the previous gen myself. The refurb 2.5GHz for $1499 is very tempting:)

6. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

Huge congratulations! I might join you yet :)

Wow, you guys are getting much better deals on refurbs than the UK store is providing. :(

7. tangren thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the answers. They are helpful.
    One of the main reason I switched to mac is the F3 zoomout feature and that windows don't fullscreen by default. It just feels so much more efficient as a work machine.

8. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

Where is a good place to sell my last gen. MBP? I waited till February for the redesign then I gave in. Now it's here and I'm kinda pissed, I really like the solid body more then anything else. Can I still get a decent amount for mine?