Typeing password for every change on Mac OS ??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SJonagold, Feb 17, 2011.

1. SJonagold macrumors newbie

Hi everyone...I'm new here...
    I have problem, that my Mac asking me for password if I wont to make any changes. Even when I turn on AirPort it asked me for password to allow Mac OS X to make changes?? And when I turned off, he asked me again....
    Please, how turn off this annoying password?

Thanks

2. c1phr macrumors 6502

When you click on the airport icon and then hit network preferences, have you set the lock icon at the bottom left? Make it unlocked and see if that solves your problem.

OSX will ask you for your password from time to time when you are deleting/moving certain things or changing certain settings, it's just an aspect of and operating system where you are not the "root" user. It's for security generally.

3. SJonagold thread starter macrumors newbie

I already tryed this, but doesn't work. Actualy that icon is unlocked all the time and I can't even locked it. I don't know why? If click on icon nothing happend.
    Have you any other idea??

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Click the ? icon in the lower left corner of the window where it's asking for your password. That will give you an explanation.

5. SJonagold thread starter macrumors newbie

There is explanation how reset administrator password, but this will not solve my problem I think...or i'm wrong?
    I'm trying to turn off this annoying password require each time when would like to use WiFi....
    maybe is easy, but I don't know how...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You didn't read it all:
    It's a security feature. You can't stop the system for asking for your admin password for certain activities.
    Why are you turning WiFi on and off? If you turn it on, it stays on, even if you reboot, and you don't have to enter a password to access WiFi every time you reboot.