Typhooned Order

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheTrueAPlus, Sep 27, 2007.

1. TheTrueAPlus macrumors newbie

I have bad news about my order and other orders out there. I called Apple today to see why my FedEx tracking hasn't updated. The rep said there was a typhoon and delayed the shipment!!! Arg. I was hoping to get my touch today or tomorrow!!! Is there a way to get a refund on the $10 expedited shipping?

:confused:Also, mine was engraved and I ordered on Saturday - do you think that its one of the new 38+ screens?

2. California King macrumors 65816

3. Corsairkid macrumors member

Yea it will be. I ordered my engraved touch on the 10th and got it today. Week 38. You might even get a week 39.

4. xerikx macrumors regular

Just be happy you aren't one of the people waiting since the 5th..

Also.. are they BSing because the typhoon went through on the 19th.. or is there a new one?

5. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

And not one of the people much more directly affected by the typhoon.

6. TheTrueAPlus thread starter macrumors newbie

No clue. I looked on weather.com this morning and it looked quite stormy but no typhoon. What should I do if this thing doesn't update status soon?

7. xerikx macrumors regular

I think apple is looking for an excuse because I'm pretty sure flights went out last night haha

8. TheTrueAPlus thread starter macrumors newbie

I really really really hope your right... I hope that means tomorrow for me!!!

9. xerikx macrumors regular

I was hoping for the same, but honestly, I'm not going to get my hopes up too high

10. aft macrumors regular

Apple is full of crap....FedEx said the typhoon was over a week ago and that it didn't have a major impact on their shipping or there tracking. Apple is bold face lying.

If I don't get mine tomorrow it's going back to apple. stupid ba@#$%DS:mad:

11. aft macrumors regular

"Shanghai, a city of 20 million, closed schools, ferries and other transport links following forecasts of torrential rains and strong winds. But the city suffered little damage and by Thursday children returned to school under clear skies." - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20829511/

People died in that storm Apple shouldn't use it as a means to lie about a delayed product.

12. TheTrueAPlus thread starter macrumors newbie

Read the other thread... I can't return mine - its engraved.

13. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

those that ordered by the tenth (i think) were going to be shipped out the 18th (US time) but the typhoon stopped that, and they started shipping tuesday...i ordered the 7th..and i hope it will be here tomorrow...but my tracking info got mixed up so my fedex hasn't updated

14. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

I've got the same dilemma. I ordered my engraved iPod Touch two weeks after the announcement, and I'm still waiting.

So, I decided to call FedEx today, wondering what the heck was going on. FedEx said Apple changed the tags on the order or something, and that they didn't even have the (according to the original tracking #) package, and to call them. I called 1800-MY-APPLE and got to a rep, who told me the whole typhoon story and said a majority of the iPods (I'm assuming 95% from the tone in his voice) were still in the warehouse in China, which was most likely underwater. Thanks, bye, etc. End of conversation.

I'm still hoping to get it tomorrow, seeing that it was supposedly shipped on Tuesday. If Apple sent info to FedEx on Tuesday, they had to have shipped something, whether the tags changed or not. So, like the thousands of other iPod Touch purchasers, I must wait... Hopefully not much longer, or I'm going to explode. :p Apple and FedEx ftw? Let's hope so!

15. xerikx macrumors regular

16. zen macrumors 65816

zen

17. zen macrumors 65816

zen

I posted this in the iMac thread, but it looks like China orders might be ok:

Rang Apple - they said there WAS a delay, but it has been sorted, delivery is still on for 3rd October.

Rang TNT - they said there WAS a delay due to some cargo needing to be offloaded from a shipment, but that this was now all reloaded and delivery was still on for 3rd October.

So... I'll have to believe them, I guess!

18. grinthock macrumors member

Try again... I ordered on the 5th and still hasn't shipped.

19. adk macrumors 68000

adk

So you want this product so badly you track it 10 times a day, spend hours online complaining about how long it takes to get to you, and then when it finally arrives you're going to send it back?

20. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

all of yall whining apparently have never been through a natural disaster like a typhoon / hurricane, come down here to florida for the next one we have and see how much you like it...

21. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

not speaking of the typhoon in specific. . .but no one is forcing you. . .or anyone to live in forida or new orleans. I know it's kind of rough to think about. . .but you know it's the truth.

22. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

I like how everyone says "China." Far as I know (and have been told by Apple), Touches are made/warehoused in Taiwan.

OK, the Chinese (mainland) say that's part of China; Chen Shui-bian hasn't yet declared formal independence; but still, for the purposes of this discussion, it's Taiwan.

That comes to play in at least three ways: discussion of where hurricanes hit & affect; discussion of where holidays are(n't) held; and discussion of quality-control issues, i.e., QC problems aren't another case of "Chinese lead paint."

23. xerikx macrumors regular

Everyone is saying China because your package is flown out of Shanghai which I believe is on mainland China.