typical college student battery usage question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iamrawr, May 10, 2010.

1. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

i'm planning to get a 15" mbp before i start college. i'm still contemplating whether to get the 2.4 or 2.53 i5 (or i7, because i like to game, sometimes playing first-person shooter eye candy :D) however, i don't want to invest in a gaming desktop until i'm done with college.

now onto the real question:

so while you're busy walking around campus, going to classes and opening up the laptop, etc... does your macbook pro run out of battery and you find yourself scrambling for an outlet when running low?
    do you game frequently and still are able to use it throughout the rest of the day?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Do you really play first-person shooters / any other intensive full-screen game away from your desk? I've worked on college campuses for years and have never seen anyone doing that.

3. iamrawr thread starter macrumors 6502

iamrawr

yes unfortunately i do =[
    in my house there is a 10 year old dell desktop that runs on a Pentium III, a 2006 dell m1710 xps with centrino duo (mine, currently using) and my sibling's 13" dell xps studio 2008

pretty outdated i kno, but they all still run well :D

i never use the desktop anymore... wayyy to slow. good enough to play solitaire for dad (who is technologically challenged) lol...

4. georgeadbb macrumors newbie

FPS games are absolute battery-drainers, and can make my MBP really hot.:(

BTW I personally don't like to play FPS games just anywhere. I need a comfortable chair and a steady place for my laptop and mouse.