Typical cosmetic condition of refurb's?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fifteen20s, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Fifteen20s macrumors regular

I have never paid much attention to apple until last month when I bought an iPhone 4s and a iPad 3 … Man, this stuff is great.

My question is: What is the typical cosmetic condition of Apple refurb iMac's?

I have a 6yo home built PC that I wouldn’t mind replacing with an iMac. I am ok buying a repaired product but can be a bit picky of cosmetic issues.

Waiting until the new models come out but been thinking. My 6yo Windows box still serves me performance wise, it is the OS that I see as the upgrade. Unless there is something spectacular with the new model, I could likely get a refurb 2011 27in w/ processor upgrade for what I was planning on spending on a new 21in.

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

Refurbished products are sold "As good as new... " inside and out. I've never found any cometic damage at all on the refurbished products I've bought.

Luck.

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Occasionally someone reports they've received refurbs with scratches or that appeared used, but I wonder if they were Apple refurbs or some other source. Personally, I've bought 3 MacBook/MacBook Pro, a Mac mini, a Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server, and and Airport Extreme from the refurb store and they have all been perfect. IMHO it's the only way to go if they have what you want (very few with options installed).

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They're usually fine.