Typical length of time until refurbs appear

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by umiwangu, Jun 9, 2009.

1. umiwangu macrumors 6502

The title pretty much says it all. How much time until these new MacBook (Pros) will end up in the refurb section? I'll be back in the US for December and since I'm usually a cheapskate, I get the lowest-end stuff. Until now, I was going to settle for a newer MacBook (white), which I have now (early 2006 model, refurb), but I think I'll go for the new aluminium ones.

So, 6 months, a year? Longer?

2. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I've seen people quoting 1 - 3 months for laptops.

I guess you gotta allow people a chance to use them for a bit to suss out if they've got a dud machine.

But since you are not prepared to buy until December, I'd say that was plenty time..

3. umiwangu thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, December should be plenty of time. Happiness is theirs who wait. Just glad I'm not like some of fools around here who bought a Macbook/Pro in the last 4 weeks. Just saw your sig as well. Good job.

Also, is there any truth to extended Apple Care being more expensive for the new MacBook (Pro)?

4. umiwangu thread starter macrumors 6502

In case anyone is interested, the Apple Store (US) is showing the new Macbook Pro (13") as a refurb, about 2 and half months after it was released.