Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2010
NJ
Hey Gang,

Typically, how many weeks does Apple go between releases (per the above)? Just wondering how soon we will be updating to 4.1 after going through the 4.0.1 song and dance.

I know there is no concrete answer. I know nobody has a crystal ball. I'm not looking to see how many snarky responses I can get. We've had many generations of iPhones now; I figure there is a typical ballpark for these types of things by now.

2 weeks? 4 weeks? 2 Months?

Thanks !

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
It just depends on how long it takes for all the bugs to be squashed and for Apple to deem it public release worthy. The gap between 3.0 and 3.1 was just under three months.

I would imagine Apple will be hoping to release it at the September iPod event which they will no doubt hold just like they did with 3.1 last year.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2010
NJ
It just depends on how long it takes for all the bugs to be squashed and for Apple to deem it public release worthy. The gap between 3.0 and 3.1 was just under three months.

I would imagine Apple will be hoping to release it at the September iPod event which they will no doubt hold just like they did with 3.1 last year.

Ah, so it could potentially be a long time ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.