Typical Time for "Reset All Settings and Content"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lgwells1, Sep 28, 2011.

1. lgwells1 macrumors regular

lgwells1

I opted to Reset All Settings and Content about an hour and a half ago. It is a 32GB 3GS Model, with about 10GB used. Most people I have seen do this have the Apple Logo and a process bar, I do not. I have the loading wheel. That is it, and it has been spinning this entire time, I did have the process bar for half a second, it flashed on and then when to the spinning wheel.

2. lgwells1 thread starter macrumors regular

lgwells1

1 more hour down, and still nothing but the black screen and loading wheel continuously rotating.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Was your phone jailbroken? if yes, you shouldn't done that.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like Crx said above if it was JB then it wont go thru and you will have to do a DFU restore.
    But sometimes even stock iphones get stuck when doing an erase all. Im not a big fan of that feature. I'd rather go with a restore and setup as new if you want the phone cleared.

5. lgwells1 thread starter macrumors regular

lgwells1

I was jailbroken, I did not realize that doing a reset conflicted with a jailbroken device. Why is that?

Thanks for the help guys, this was an last attempt before I order a new battery and whatever else problems I can diagnose.