Typinator/auto correct option

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bms259, Apr 22, 2008.

1. bms259 macrumors member

I was looking around the site here, and noticed the software bundle, and Typinator really caught my eye. I just got my BlackBook less than a month ago, and absolutely love it. One of my few complaints tho is the lack of auto-correction in Pages. I'm not exactly the greatest typist, so not having an auto-correction really hurts my productivity sometimes.

So when I saw Typinator, I was pretty intrigued. But I don't really want to pay for it, and I don't really need a lot of the other options in it.

I'm a student and have both iWork and MS Office. I use Pages for most of the things I do (taking notes, and some writing). I'll use Office if I ever need to submit something online to a prof, but like Pages for its simplicity. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the lack of auto correction.

I'm using Leopard, have an intel, 4GB macbook.

If anyone knows of a free option that would help me out, I'd appreciate it. Again, the other features in Typinator look nice, but I'd rather get something for free than have them.

Thanks for the help!

2. live4ever macrumors 6502a

There is auto-correction in Pages, go to the preference pane.

[​IMG]

3. bms259 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I've used the auto-correction in Pages, but it doesn't really help to much to be honest. This is one thing that Office does well. It comes built in with a pretty extensive list of auto corrections for common mistakes.

Whereas Pages just corrects "teh" to "the," Office will correct a great number of common keyboarding mistakes.

I realize that I could go in and enter each correction in pages, but I would probably be more likely to dish out the cash for typinator that spend the countless hours of updating it.

I'm looking for something that will help to correct the spelling mistakes that I so often make.

There's not any way to update Pages built in with out manually input each correction is there?

4. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

5. bms259 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I had seen that at one point but thought it was only a trial or something.

6. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

If you like Typinator and feels like spending 40 $ more, consider buy the newest http://www.mupromo.com/ bundle for only 65 $. There's a lot of good apps!