Typing accuracy problems iPhone iOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by BasilFawlty, Nov 29, 2013.

1. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

Maybe it's just me and my old eyes, but ever since upgrading from iOS6 to iOS7 on my iPhone, I find I am making many many more mistakes trying to type on the tiny keyboard. I don't know if it's just the color of the keys or what, but I just really seem to have a harder time on iOS7. I'm wondering if anyone else has found this problem?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah the keyboard is somewhat worse. Could be the color but more likely the adjusted tap targets for different keys.

3. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

notice same thing, with iOS 6 was typing fast and without mistakes, with iOS 7 a lot of times typed with mistake.

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I don't think the keyboard is any worse, but it's the autocorrect that isn't working as it used to.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's potentially that too, but the keyboard is somewhat off as well as more often than not for some letters it will often pick another one next to it on the keyboard rather than the one I meant--Somethjng that would rarely happen with iOS 6 or before.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Perhaps. I'm just experiencing an increased amount of misspelled words - words that should have been corrected by the autocorrect.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Me, too. I'm not typing nearly as well on iOS 7. I mentioned it to the wifey and she also has the issue. I'd make a snarky comment here but I'll just leave it to my sig.

And OT: The iPhone 5 also reduced my accuracy. All I can say is that it's "different" and my muscle memory took awhile to adjust.

8. BasilFawlty thread starter macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

From some of the replies here it's not just my imagination! I find I really have to concentrate to type without constant errors. Hope this is something they can fix down the road.

9. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I actually find the opposite, when I now go back to use my friends 3GS, the keyboard feels trickier to type on, maybe its just the use of iOS7's instead of iOS6, but who knows!