Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vish26

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

I dont know if you guys also feel this, but I wonder if typing on the iPad keyboard is fullproof and effective, I mean though the keyboard is spaciously spaced out and stuff but I often make spelling mistakes with it, and just to clarify I dont make such mistakes, so many mistakes while typing on a Physical Keyboard. So how do you guys cope up with it. The most irritating part for me is a lot of time even after I have felt I have entered/pressed a key/alphabet it fails to register it like for e.g if I have typed "you" it would only type "yo" thus failing to register the last alphabet key "u" and this happens a lot of times with me... I dont know why does it happen and how do I handle it. But I also believe since it is a virtual keyboard I could only apply a gentle pressure and not bang it hard for the key to register as that would break, damage the screen.

Guys do you guys have any piece of advice/ help for me. I am seriously irritated with this phenomenon. Any Help ! :)

Thanks in Advance !

Last edited:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
iPad is even easier compared to iPod touch.
Simple fix: Bluetooth keyboard, though not always practical

Else: slower writing, turn off autocorrection, read after writing ...

I'm also struggle with it; sometimes I read my old posts here and think: hell, I need an English class. :rolleyes:

vish26

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
iPad is even easier compared to iPod touch.
Simple fix: Bluetooth keyboard, though not always practical

Well Yeah, I mean But can't use it always !!

Else: slower writing, turn off autocorrection, read after writing ...

I did try turning the Auto-Correction off as even I thought that, maybe it is the main culprit as it lot of times changes the word accidentally. But then I realised that is not the real culprit, Auto-Corrcetion only works if you have entered all the keys for e.g if you have typed "Helko" instead of "Hello" auto correction will correct it for you. But if you fail to enter a word in the first place, I dont think auto correction works...

I'm also struggle with it; sometimes I read my old posts here and think: hell, I need an English class. :rolleyes:

There is no problem with my english as it is my first work language. So english is not the problem typing on iPad Keyboard is :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.