Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velvetelvis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
holy crap, what happened to the typing? i used to think i typed slow, now it cant keep up with me. im sure this has been brought up before, but i just sent an email and damn, what the hell happened? cant wait for the 2.01 fw.

nusynergy

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Kent - UK
holy crap, what happened to the typing? i used to think i typed slow, now it cant keep up with me. im sure this has been brought up before, but i just sent an email and damn, what the hell happened? cant wait for the 2.01 fw.

Yeah im getting this too.. You can type like 4 words in then the phone takes about a minute to catch up!

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
yeah im noticing this as well I go my avg speed on it which it usually can keep up with.

Now the typing is really slow...and all i have is English US keyboard loaded up

velvetelvis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
ok, so I restarted my phone and typing is back to normal. Hope I don't have to restarte every time I use an app

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I noticed this just before when I was trying to type out an SMS. I returned to the home screen, went back into the message and it was fine. It was really annoying, so I hope it doesn't happen to often, or even better that they fix it in the next update.

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
I noticed this just before when I was trying to type out an SMS. I returned to the home screen, went back into the message and it was fine. It was really annoying, so I hope it doesn't happen to often, or even better that they fix it in the next update.

it pauses for a couple of seconds for each letter.
it gets really annoying.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I've managed to out-run mine a few times as well.

On the plus side, I was amazed at how, within a couple of hours, I was going at the thing with both thumbs and absolutely tanking out the text :)

Faster than a keypad, any day. Faster than any slide out I've used either, come to think of it. It's just intuitive.

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
I've managed to out-run mine a few times as well.

On the plus side, I was amazed at how, within a couple of hours, I was going at the thing with both thumbs and absolutely tanking out the text :)

Faster than a keypad, any day. Faster than any slide out I've used either, come to think of it. It's just intuitive.

i agree.
its funny though, in the Apple video they said it would take a week.
pfft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.