Typing Lag

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by luvskot, Aug 1, 2012.

1. luvskot macrumors newbie

I have a new (2012) Macbook Air 11.6 with a 1.7 GHz Core I5 processor, 128 GB flash storage and 4GB DDR3 RAM running OS X v10.7 Lion. It’s very snappy, loading both web pages and applications quickly. Everything seems to be running smoothly with one exception. Since I’ve used PC’s for as long as I’ve used computers, and since I am very familiar with Microsoft Word, I downloaded a free trial of Office Home and Student for Mac. The program ran smoothly at first but now I’ve noticed a lag when I’m typing. It’s like the software has a hard time keep up with me. It seems like this started after I purchased the product key, but I can’t be sure.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I have the same software installed on my Macbook Pro and have had no issues. Office was installed using a disk on the Pro, however, and not via the trial version.

Also, I’m wondering if installing Mountain Lion might help. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Is it only in Office that you experience this lag? If so then uninstall and reinstall and see if it still happens. Unless you type like Super Man your Mac should be able to keep up.

3. luvskot thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, only in office, and not I don't type that fast, lol. I need to try to reinstall, I guess. All that's necesarry to uninstall is to drag the application into the trash...right??

4. luvskot thread starter macrumors newbie

5. rpg51 macrumors 6502

rpg51

I had the same problem

when I was using the apple external blue tooth keyboard. Drove me crazy. I returned the keyboard and switched to a usb external board and the problem when away. Doesn't sound like the same issue but I totally understand and it is the kind of thing that would drive me to distraction.