Typing Lag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trlyka, Nov 19, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

How can I look into my laptop for CPU usage? I only ever had Windows until this past year. Something seems to be taxing the system because the typing behavior is slow and using the arrows to jump around text is slow and choppy too. Plus it seems to be running the fans more and nothing has changed as far as the climate in the room.

I also noticed something weird. When I would right click on something to copy text or use any feature for right click, it would sometimes go to the previous web page. I don't know what is causing that. And I hadn't selected anything. It will just do it :confused:

2. jas07 macrumors regular

jas07

Mine has the typing lag as well, if ive got spotify playing in the background it will stutter as well when the typing does, I cant work it out yet because the CPU Usage is very low, you can use Activity Monitor to view it.

3. newdeal macrumors 68020

I have owned many macs and have never had any typing lag.

4. jas07 macrumors regular

jas07

This is the only one ive had this problem on, all others have been fine :confused:

5. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I do use Spotify. I can end the program and see if that helps. I'm not home now, but I'll try that later.

Have you tried closing the program to see if that helps?

Where do I find the Activity Monitor?
    Thanks

6. leman macrumors 604

Are you experiencing it in Safari? This seems to be a Safari bug.

7. jas07 macrumors regular

jas07

It does tend to be in Safari actually yes.

8. jas07 macrumors regular

jas07

Disabling auto graphics switching seems to have completely solved this for me.