Typing on the 8+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbhforum, Sep 24, 2017.

?

how do you type?

1. Portrait-hold phone w/ two hands,type w/ both thumbs, lef or right pinky supporting bottom of phone

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Portrait-hold phone with two hands but only type with one thumb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Portrait-hold and type with one hand

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Landscape-hold phone with two hands and type with both thumbs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I’m sure this applies to the 6+/7+ as well but I am curious how you folks type on the iPhone plus sized model?

I just recently upgraded from a 6s and I notice when holding the phone in portrait mode with two hands I use my left pinky to support the bottom of the phone and use my two thumbs to type. This is the fastest for me but my left pinky really cramps after typing for 30 seconds or so. I was curious if others experience this and what the more common way to type is on plus sized models?

2. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

3. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks not much fan fare on this new feature as it took me awhile to google it. Even with one handed operation I still need to use my pinky to support the bottom of the phone. However my right pinky doesn’t seem to cramp as much as my left. Thanks!

4. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Another option for me is to use both pinkies to support the bottom of the phone which causes less strain on my left pinky. This is me just getting used to the new plus size and finding my comfort zone.

5. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

My previous 7+ has caused a patch of toughened skin on my right hand little finger from using it to support the bottom of the phone.

The 8+ is proving nowhere near as irritating - I think my last phone had the metal edge of the lightning port jutting out further than this one.