Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Hi there, I was wondering if there are any videos out there that show or reveal what typing on the iPad mini in landscape mode will look like. Currently, typing on the iPad 3 is not that difficult, but I wonder what it might be like on the mini. I am thinking about grabbing one for my wife. Let me know if you see any videos or what your opinion might be of it.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Apple has photos up of typing in portrait mode, but nothing on landscape. I too wonder about this. Don't forget voice dictation is an option too.

Does anyone think a wireless keyboard would be rather pointless with the Mini? Or maybe not.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Typing on an iPad was a huge reason I was looking forward to a mini. For me, sitting in bed or on the couch and trying to type something was a major pain with the current 9.7" design. I'm 6'4" tall and have above average size hands for a guy. Even with the split keyboard it felt awkward at best, while holding on to it. Sure setting it down and typing is different but again, I'm talking about sitting and holding on to it with 2 hands. I think the mini will feel much better to thumb type on.

Slightly disappointed by the price as I was hoping for $299 for the entry level but $329 is better than $499 and I don't mind the non retina display. Sure, there will probably be a retina one out in 6-12 months for the same price but I'll probably end up gifting the mini to my daughter like I did my original iPad this past summer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.