Typing slower in safari

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SheepNutz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. In safari, when typing anything, like a messageboard post like this, the keyboard is having trouble keeping up with my fingers. It seems to be lagging quite a bit. I make sure that the page is fully loaded before I type too, and it still does it. I thought it was just the phone in general, but when sending SMS messages, the phone can keep up fine. I've restarted safari and restarted the phone, and it still does it.

2. n00basaur macrumors regular

I've experienced this as well in safari (sms and notes etc are good).

I first thought I wasn't letting the page load all the way and so perhaps that was causing the keyboard lag but that isn't it.

I don't actually remember if it was in a messageboard where I noticed this but I know when typing in certain login fields (like at wamu.com for my account) it does it.

3. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

I noticed this too, it was like the keyboards key was stuck for a second after I typed every letter. I'm writing this from my iPhone and everything seems to be back to normal now... Weird.

4. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

i noticed this again today while typing my password in on myspace. Like i said, the keys on the keyboard seem to be stuck for a second when you press them. But when i type in a comment or a message its back to normal.

5. GNice macrumors 6502

Any solution/

I'm having the same problem all of a sudden. My keys are "sticking" like crazy. The backspace is particularly bad. I press it and it erases the last 3-5 words I typed. I tried resetting my iPhone about a half dozen time with no success. This is so frustrating...

6. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

yea my backspace button does that as well, its very irratating. Does this happen to anyone else?

7. thisonechance macrumors regular

I have the same problem when logging into certain sites. The password field seems to do it for me.

8. 103734 Guest

It gets even worse when you use it in landscape :(

9. sotie macrumors 6502

I've had my iPhone since launch date and I just had this happen to me for the first time today as well. I've used safari every day since I've had the phone and this was definitely the first time I've enountered this slow keyboard issue.

10. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Bumpage

Ive seen this before but today it has been particularly horrible. And besides the VERY S......L.......O.......W response while typing half the time the auto correct doesnt work either.

Only had my phone for a little over a week so I dont have as much experience with it as others. But ppl here are saying they never had a problem until recently. What would cause that?

11. nevesis macrumors 6502

I noticed it happens more when the keyboard is in landscape mode.

12. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

It happens usually when a page is loading, if you wait for the page to stop loading then it goes quicker

13. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

It has nothing to do with that. Pages are fully loaded. Typing speed is bad.

edit - cleared the cache, power cycled and it seems better, but still a bit laggy.

14. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

15. SheepNutz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup, that's the trend I'm seeing too.

16. pscoble macrumors 6502

Yeah I have this issue to.. as well as the keyboard lag but it doesn't happen a lot just some of the time.