Typo Keyboard

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by byrdjr222, Dec 6, 2013.

1. byrdjr222 macrumors member

I do not know if this has already been posted about but I just saw it today, and I thought that it looked like a neat idea. May allow the iphone to take over more of the market as some Blackberry users may now be willing to make the switch. It does seem kind of expensive but most cases are going for $40 now anyways, so not too bad.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ryan-seacres...vests-1-million-typo-keyboard-concept-1498766

2. Knockworstface macrumors regular

Knockworstface

I saw this last night on Twitter. I like the concept but $100 asking price is too much in my opinion. I'd definitely want to try it out first. :D:D

3. Ajaredic macrumors regular

Ajaredic

Yup, seems cool but 100$ is way too much. We should wait for chinese knock of :)

4. 1983IIe macrumors newbie

Typo Keyboard

Ordered on Dec 13 and finally got the unit this week, pretty interesting.

For diehard keyboard users, it's quite useful, makes typing much easier and the fit and finish is quite acceptable.

Two shortcomings:

1. As the unit hides the bottom part of the screen, one loses the access to Control Center (i.e. flash light, etc.)

2. I always disabled finger recognition but for those using the feature, it's obviously gone as the home button is covered by the the case.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Seems pointless as it's looking to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Who would carry that big ugly add-on anyway? :confused:

6. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

In the "Post pics of your case" thread there is a user called 1983IIe who has this case/keyboard.

7. byrdjr222 thread starter macrumors member

There are many users, including myself, who love being able to type on a physical keyboard but I tried BB10 and it was not for me. I was using an iphone because I knew it was going to provide me with the best overall experience but I still wanted a keyboard, so the need(want) was there for me and that is why I purchased the product.

It appears that these were shipped last week as more users are saying they received them and they are popping up all over ebay and selling for outrageous prices.

To each their own...