U.K. Bto iMac delivery over the holidays

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MyAppleWorld, Dec 17, 2015.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

After waiting patiently for a reward credit card to arrive, I have finally been able to place my order for iMac 27", 8gb, 512gb, m395 bto.

Delivery says 23-30 Dec. Does this include holidays ? Anyone have experience buying this time of year? Where is the iMac coming from?

2. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

It will be assembled in Cork. I ordered one on a Tuesday and it was dispatched on the Friday. It sat in Dublin over the weekend. Then it arrived in Tamworth on Monday and I got it on the Tuesday.

You might get lucky and it could be dispatched on Monday and arrive on the 23rd.

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Cool although the Earliest I can play is Boxing Day so if it arrives Xmas eve I'll be happy!

When did you get a better idea of your delivery date?

4. April Knight Suspended

I'm actually pretty disappointed right now. I placed an order for a BTO 27" iMac on Sunday and paid for "Next Day Shipping." Got a delivery window of December 16th to December 18th. Just got an email this morning (December 18th) saying it has finally shipped, to arrived on December 24th.

Be wary of the shipping estimates, I guess.

5. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I think all other items take priority - there seems virtually no activity on here people buying iMacs!

6. jazzer15 macrumors 6502

You may get lucky. If you are supposed to have next day delivery make sure to check the tracking. It may start as saying arrival the 24th and then suddenly you will see it change to the 21st (I don't think they will deliver on the weekend). No guarantee, of course, but it wouldn't be too unusual. If that isn't the case, I might check with Apple, because they shouldn't be charging you for next day delivery if that's not the service you are getting.

7. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

On the Friday, when it changed to dispatched. The date it gave me for arrival was accurate

8. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Well things are moving fast!!! Got a despatch notification this morning saying 23rd Delivery.

Just checked UPS site and it has now updated "Early delivery 22nd" "Originally scheduled 23rd"!!

Must be coming into Birmingham airport as we speak, I'm nearby so might explain things!!

9. Smarky macrumors newbie

Sweet! It comes in via East Midlands Airport where UPS have a big depo. I just got mine yesterday :)