U.K. First Timers: Please Buy Your 3G From Apple Store!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CD3660, Jul 10, 2008.

1. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

If I was not upgrading I would definitely go to an Apple Store to get my iPhone. They will have much better stock levels, and the overall experience is far better than a visit to O2 or CPW.

Sadly I do not have that choice or luxury and have to throw myself at the mercy of O2 or CPW with their limited stock levels.

So please, if you are a first timer, do us upgraders a favour and go to the Apple Store. That way we will all have a much better chance to get what we want, and at the same time you will, in one way, be voting with your feet against O2 and their appalling mis-handling of this launch.

2. appledrone macrumors regular

I'm with you on this one buddy, but why not try ohmac? ;) hehe

3. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

If apple would open a store within a 100 mile radius of me, I probably would, but I have an o2 5 minutes drive away, with a CPW literally opposite that.

4. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Very good :D

I suspect you have read that thread, in which case you'll know my views on the chances of getting one there for the price originally advertised!

5. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Fair enough.

The thread is really aimed at those who are within a reasonable distance of an Apple Store. :)

6. C225 macrumors regular

Don't worry i'll be off to the glasgow apple store in the morning as it is a much nicer store than any of the O2 or CPW around here

7. Stalban macrumors newbie

The problem is we don't know how many have gone to Apple stores. They've said there will be a few dozen in each o2 shop so if you turn and the queue is quite small then i'd say it was worth hanging around.

8. phannon666 macrumors regular

Dude I would love to get to an apple store, but no chance where I am, they're just too few and far between. Sorry but I'm going to O2 tomorrow morn.

9. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

It stands to reason that Apple will have much greater stocks than O2 or CPW.

Every one that they sell themselves is more profit to Apple because it means that O2 or CPW doesn't have their 'retailer's margin'.

Apple will make sure that they have plenty of stock, and will always give themselves priority over their 'partners'.

Also, rumour has it that the Apple Stores will be the only place to get white ones.

10. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

As I posted above, that's fine.

I am appealing only to those within a reasonable distance of an Apple Store.

For example, in the Manchester area which has an Apple Store in the city centre, and a second Apple Store at the carbuncle known as the Trafford Centre.

11. dankell macrumors newbie

Alternatively why don't those of you who are lucky enough to *have* iPhones already stay at home and play with OS update 2.0 and let the rest of us join in
    :)

12. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Many of us sold our v.1 iPhones weeks ago in anticipation of this launch. :eek:

The only thing I have left to play with is my old Sony Ericsson K850i, and I hate it now. It's so 20th Century! :D

13. appledrone macrumors regular

Yeah, I have been reading/posting that thread from day one. Again, I'm with you. I just hope they all get a refund and maybe a few lucky ones will get a phone. It did annoy me when a few *******s chose to belittle them so much. I think it was just a matter of being a bit naive.

14. Joe23 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if authorised Apple resellers will be offering the iPhone, too?

15. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

I doubt it, but it might be worth giving them a ring.

16. appledrone macrumors regular

certainly not in the short term, maybe the pay as you go when it comes out

17. Psyxologos macrumors regular

I think this makes sense. I am a first timer and will follow your advice. thanks!

18. lellis2k macrumors 6502

lellis2k

Yeah I agree, please help us out and first time buyers go to the apple store :) I wish I had the option!