U.K. iPhone Causes Insomnia!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CD3660, Oct 19, 2007.

1. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

With just three weeks left for the eagerly awaited release of the iPhone in the U.K. I am finding it increasingly difficult to sleep at nights. This is a very peculiar situation as I don't normally suffer from insomnia and have not experienced this for a product launch before.

Am I alone? :(

Can anyone suggest a suitable remedy? :D

2. beate macrumors regular

I went through the same thing in the US in June.

My remedy was to read MacRumors each night until I laughed myself sleepy.
    Better rumors then though. More hysteria as more was unknown.

I feel for you. It will get worse.

3. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Getting a life might leave you sleepier at night. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this and have already set my preparation in action: on Monday I'm getting my laptop hard drive upgraded, on Friday I'll be at the Regent Street store to buy leopard and on our iday i'll be there before 6pm (but only just as i'm cycling from work). however, i'll not be losing sleep over this!!

4. BuxtonUK macrumors member

I know yeah I'm looking forward to release day as much as everyone else but seriously, if you're losing sleep you need to get a life.

Try going the gym around 6ish, that'll knock you flat on your ass ready for bed, especially after some deadlifts and squats.

5. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

I can imagine, I couldn't sleep when it came out in the US and I'm from the UK, living in Oxford! - I just had to have one, so I spend £400 on importing one from the US and then spending another £50 getting it unlocked, so £450 in total, however I'VE GOT A FULLY WORKING IPHONE! AND I LOVE IT!

I love going into the local 02 Shop and just pulling out my iPhone, people are so shocked, like how did he get it so quick?

And in the past, I would have my Blackberry, Nokia 8800 Sirocco Phone and my iPod but now... All I need is my iPhone - I love it sooooo much, I just hope it doesn't become too common!

ITS AWESOME!

6. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

I was only kidding, but I am thinking about it a lot!

Come to think about it, you're right, I need to get a life. :D

7. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i woke up this morning and had reached half way, now only 3 weeks to go. tomorrow i can say 2 weeks on friday then looking forward to next friday when i can say 2 weeks to go, then next saturday i can say a week on friday.......
    it's all getting to much!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just hurry up...................

8. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

when it was announced, i was eager to get an iphone asap... but it was just too long to wait, i imported one from the USA, and after hours and hours of ebay watching, finalised by some auction sniping, i got an 8gb iPhone for £198 inc postage, i didnt have to pay tax for some reason :)

but then i had to wait 2 weeks for it, i lost far to much sleep over that!!

9. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

So, was it worth it? Sounds like you got an excellent deal. Which network are you using it on?

10. flamejob macrumors member

flamejob

@wasimyaqoob

Is it fully working? Does the visual voice mail work?

I'm waiting for the next MBP, but actually ordered an iPhone from the O2 shop before they knew.

11. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Masturbation.

Do it enough and you'll eventually fall asleep.

12. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I paid £269 for mine, inc postage.

It was worth it. It's amazing. Had it over a week and can't put it down. Totally amazing. You will love it.

I am on Vodafone UK and pay £15 a month for 500 txt and 500 mins (anytime any network) and an additional £7.50 a month for 120MB of data. This thing is awesome. I don't have visual voicemail, but I haven't even been left a voicemail yet.

13. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I haven't slept since the iPhone was announced in January....! :p

Eugh why isn't it November 9th yet? :(

14. roblawton macrumors 6502

You think it's bad now... wait till that final week... It's gonna be excruciating!

The 9th is gonna be worse though... I've got the day off, then waiting till 4.30 to pick my missus up before heading over to the apple store... That's gonna be the longest day of my life!

15. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Ah tell me about it 6pm release :( I'm going with my friend who says I'm only allowed to activate and sync when we get home. She will get angry with me if I don't give her any attention and just play with it all night (the iPhone i mean) so I will have to wait until she goes home late in the evening :mad:

16. sananda macrumors 68020

it will not be the right day to be hanging out with that friend :D

17. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Hehe yeah but we always go out on a Friday night so then she will be mad that I'm blowing her off for the iPhone! She went mental when I joked that I wasn't going to see her on the day Halo 3 launched. If only she was a geek too then maybe she'd understand :p

Now I'm just debating if I should book November the 10th off from work so I can spend the day making up for lost time! Any thoughts?

18. roblawton macrumors 6502

Tell me about it... Friday night with my girlfriend, and we'll both be playing with our iPhones...

At least after we've had some fun with the phone we can test out it's camera... ;)

Remind me not to set up the web gallery straight away... :eek::D

19. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

:eek:

20. sananda macrumors 68020

yeah ... lie to your friend. tell your can't go out on friday because you're ill. then spend the evening with iphone and go to work the next day so you don't waste those valuable annual leave days.

21. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Unfortunately I've talked non stop since Macworld about it. And then when the UK release date was announced I've talked about it everyday. I think she knows the day pretty well now! ;)

Bugger

22. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

It's getting closer. At least we can now say that it will be available the week after next!