u of m and macs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waterskier2007, Jul 17, 2007.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

does anyone here, attend the University of Michigan? i will be attending in the fall and i am trying to figure out how the experience is using a mac, and how interchangeable the file sharing between macs and pcs is. for example if i create a file on my mac and save it on the server and then go to the fishbowl (if you go to u of m you should know where this is) how easy is it to access the file on a pc?

2. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I have no idea about U of M, but generally, schools, expecially big ones like Michigan, have great cross platform support. Especially with the recent influx of students switching to macs, you will not be left out. In a school that size, you might even find a mac community, like this one, but in RL. Check facebook.

3. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

Have a great time at U of M. I loved every minute of it.

4. Platonist macrumors member

Platonist

The Mac support at U-M is great -- I spent my undergrad years there. It is, in my experience, one of the more Mac friendly universities. File sharing between the PCs and Macs in the fishbowl (ahhh Angell Hall...my old stomping ground!) hasn't been an issue for me or any of the other Mac users I know. Plus, there are a ton of Macs in the fishbowl (unless things have changed in the last year) so why bother with the PCs?

Go Blue!!!