U of M vs MSU game Oct 9 2010, T1i + 15-85 "allowed" in?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mtbdudex, Oct 8, 2010.

1. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

I'm going to the U of M vs MSU game Oct 9 2010 as spectator with my dad and uncle.
    I plan on bringing my T1i + 15-85, I'm leaving the 55-250 zoom home. Just taking some tailgate shots prior and then hopefully in stadium some wide angle crowd shots.
    Looking here, says "Small cameras and radios", the 15-85 is kinda compact when not extended, has anyone else did same, bring DSLR with lens in w/o problem?
    http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/060109aaf.html

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Anytime I go to a game, they check bags, so I don't think they would allow that. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask though.

3. mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Not taking bags, camera via neck strap.....

4. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

I took my t2i to the big house this season when michigan opened against UCONN. it's all good.

however they DO NOT ALLOW BAGS OF ANY KIND. i took mine via the neck strap - no issues at all.

5. mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

What lens did you have on your T1i?
    I figured the 15-85 for its walk around pre-game use/etc.
    Thinking the 55-250 zoom does not have enough reach anyway for players, so crowd/family/friends shots seemed more pratical with wide zoom.

6. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

I just took the stock 18-55 lens. i shot a lot of HD video before the game, and crowd shots in the stadium - as well as wide shots from within. you need a big time zoom if you really wanna snap some sweet action shots

have fun, and GO BLUE!

7. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Have a great time and share some of your photos with us. Rivalry games are always exciting.

8. mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

No problem getting my T1i + 15-85 lens in, but in tight crowds and the seats it is tight.
    Btw, that lens is "big" diamater wise, I can't imagine having say a 24-70 f2.8 monster on or the 70-200 f2.8 either.

Big house is cool to be in, my 1st time since they re-did the stadium, I’ve been to so many games since 1982 there, at least 25-30, saw lots of good wins, "bad" wins, bad losses.
    I flipped to MSU around 1989, but still root for U of M except 1 day/year.

Some YouTube links of video I took from the big game:

Oct 8 2010 pre game MSU vs U of M; "Hells Bells" song playing madness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B5RTdbDEiQ

Oct 8 2010 pre game MSU vs U of M, MSU on field practice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23sCC-M081U

Some neat picts (I'll keep the family/friends shots on FB)
    Fall football and walking to the big house, we tailgated 1 block away….
    [​IMG]

Panorama of the big house about 50 minutes before game time
    (this is 6 images stitched together with CS5)
    [​IMG]

My nephew Drew took this shot, I set the camera with wide aperture for the outta focus/in focus perspective.
    If the lady in back of my hand was not there this would be a real keeper shot.
    [​IMG]

My nephew Drew (MSU fan) and his dad, this shows how tight it is, keeping my T1i + 15-85 from bumping people was a constant battle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

101st Airborne rules!
    [​IMG]

Nearing the drop spot
    [​IMG]

Perfect landing spot on, notice the soldiers catching Old Glory, she did not touch the ground at all. It's all about respect.
    [​IMG]

U of M scored first with field goal, MSU countered with a TD, here is Pt after..good!
    See the ball?
    [​IMG]

34 to 17 and late in 4th qtr...113,065 fans. This pict not exposed correctly, by mistake the dial went to Manual mode....I PP'd it to give halfway decent iamge.
    [​IMG]

End game celebration.
    [​IMG]

9. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

So were you happy (Spartan) or sad (Wolverine) at the game results? Nice pix. Thanks.

10. mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

I'm a happy Sparty!
    However during the game I was very-very subdued, too many times I've let the emotions ride high and get popped by last minute cr*p, so this time until under 2 minutes I did not let go, but then YEA SPARTY!