Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Iā€™m glad I picked Natural Titanium!
my least favorite color during Launch day, but I just learned to love it after seeing lots of photos and hands-on videos.

It was the right move. Iā€™m so happy.
IMG_1777.jpeg

It gets hot so fast though and it also drains quickly. šŸ„ŗ

How is everyone with your iPhones after 3 days?

cybermistt

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Even though this weekend has been about updating, transferring and setting up the device (haha), I'm truly liking the 15PM. Coming from the 12Pro, I love the better screen quality (higher nits & refresh rate) and the speed (be it in apps or going between apps). I have to get used to the 'always-on' feature and other aspects. But its all of this on a bigger screen that got me geeked.

My 3 cents.
You can turn off always on display if you donā€™t like it.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Iā€™m glad I picked Natural Titanium!
my least favorite color during Launch day, but I just learned to love it after seeing lots of photos and hands-on videos.

It was the right move. Iā€™m so happy.
View attachment 2280043

It gets hot so fast though and it also drains quickly. šŸ„ŗ

How is everyone with your iPhones after 3 days?
I think Apple has a winning color lineup this year. They usually do but I think they hit it out of the park with their titanium line.

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
Iā€™m still slightly confused by the trade in process. I ordered through Apple.com with the promise of $830 in trade in credit from AT&T over 36 monthsā€¦

I just got my trade in kit and the box will be sent to Apple. Wouldnā€™t it be sent to AT&T if they are doing the credits?
If you did it through Apple the trade in will go to Apple and they will let you know if the trade was accepted

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
What's wrong with my mom's phone? I did the transfer exactly like mine. It apparently went through because we got the eSIM card notification transfer from t-mobile. But she can't get the right texts from some people (SMS people don't work but iMessage does) and her phone doesn't notify others about missed calls.

I don't have to physically do the SIM card if I do the eSIM transfer right? I didn't have to do that with mine.

Last edited:

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
Been checking almost everyday since saturday on the Apple Store app for an iPhone 15 PM 256 to show up as available for pickup.

But all it shows is unavailable. Does anyone know when Apple Stores locally get new shipments of iPhone? And what time should I be looking at the app? Iā€™m really hoping to get an iPhone 15 PM this week. At this point Iā€™m okay with black tit, blue tit, but i prefer natural tits

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Been checking almost everyday since saturday on the Apple Store app for an iPhone 15 PM 256 to show up as available for pickup.

But all it shows is unavailable. Does anyone know when Apple Stores locally get new shipments of iPhone? And what time should I be looking at the app? Iā€™m really hoping to get an iPhone 15 PM this week. At this point Iā€™m okay with black tit, blue tit, but i prefer natural tits
There 1TB in stock in mine I will get once I get my money back on loan

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
What's wrong with my mom's phone? I did the transfer exactly like mine. It apparently went through because we got the eSIM card notification transfer from t-mobile. But she can't get the right texts from some people (SMS people don't work but iMessage does) and her phone doesn't notify others about missed calls.

I don't have to physically do the SIM card if I do the eSIM transfer right? I didn't have to do that with mine.
Go into settings and see if the eSIM is still activating if it is you need to call T-Mobile

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia

We wouldnā€™t because shipments are different from store to store your best bet is to call the store, go into the store, and/or keep checking the site for stock. I will say that they wouldnā€™t get stock in the weekend because the phone was just released and they just received that stock so check back in the middle of the week.

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Is iCloud backup busted for any of you guys? Ever since my previous phone got the ā€œprepare for your new iPhoneā€ pop up iCloud backups have shot up from 2.5GB to tens of gigabytes. When I got that pop up my phone generated a 146GB backup and my 15P is now generating 26GB backups. I am using iCloud Photos and my app with the most backup data is like 300MB.

I tried to delete it and it immediately generated a 5.6GB backup and is now trying to push an even larger one, however I cannot see what the new size will be as of yet.

This issue had me stuck in the Apple Store for around 5 hours on launch day. šŸ™ƒ View attachment 2280036
My old phone (14 PM) was generating about a 7.5 GB backup, my new 15 PM is generating about a 9.2 GB backup now. I did a device to device transfer so it moved everything I had over. So something is making it larger, but I have not experienced anything like you with a 26 GB backup.

Reactions: a83859372

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
We wouldnā€™t because shipments are different from store to store your best bet is to call the store, go into the store, and/or keep checking the site for stock. I will say that they wouldnā€™t get stock in the weekend because the phone was just released and they just received that stock so check back in the middle of the week.
What time would I check ?

rysmtihaz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Is iCloud backup busted for any of you guys? Ever since my previous phone got the ā€œprepare for your new iPhoneā€ pop up iCloud backups have shot up from 2.5GB to tens of gigabytes. When I got that pop up my phone generated a 146GB backup and my 15P is now generating 26GB backups. I am using iCloud Photos and my app with the most backup data is like 300MB.

I tried to delete it and it immediately generated a 5.6GB backup and is now trying to push an even larger one, however I cannot see what the new size will be as of yet.

This issue had me stuck in the Apple Store for around 5 hours on launch day. šŸ™ƒ View attachment 2280036
Definitely a broken process. I had to delete it and perform a backup from scratch in the Apple store because it was going to be hours and hours.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
At this time, Time does not matter. You'll just have to continue to check every day to see if one replenish. Even the 512 gb blue titanium pro max showed up available for pick up yesterday even at 5 pm. Likely due to someone canceling an order or reservation change for different color or model.
I will check

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
I went into settings for the SIM card and it's been fully ported over to the new eSIM. At least there aren't any messages to the other effect, and we got the notification from T-Mobile that it was ported over successfully. Either that, or I just don't know what I am looking at.

Is there a way to trigger an application-specific restore of all messages on iOS? Specifically: I want MESSAGES to restore the past 5+ years of texts. I know they're there, because they are backed up onto a Windows PC laptop and they're on my mom's other iPhone. So how do I get 5+ years worth of texts over to the new iPhone 15 Pro Max? A 45 day limit for all messages is not going to work for us.

It did it on my new phone without issue, got all my texts and photos, and both phone's settings are the same and have been for years.

We need them back. NOW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.