U.S iPhone 6 with Uk Applecare plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oserere, Nov 14, 2014.

1. oserere macrumors newbie

I'll be going to america soon and was wondering if I got an iPhone 6 there, would I then be able to return to the Uk and purchase applecare plus for the American iPhone?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

No. Apple care plus for iPhones is Region specific as is your iPhone.

Ps the u.s iPhone won't work on our lte bands either. https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

3. KSean macrumors member

The US iPhone will work on UK LTE bands. The UK operators use bands 3, 7 and 20 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks), which are supported by all iPhone 6/6 Plus models. The Apple website just doesn't list the names of the UK carriers as compatible with the US model since the US model isn't sold here. I have a US-bought (T-Mobile) iPhone 6 Plus and I use it on 3, and have had no issues with 4G.

As for AppleCare+... No idea whether that'd work worldwide or not.

4. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

I have a US purchased iPhone 6 (the T-Mobile one) and it is working fine on O2's 4G network here in the UK.

5. oserere thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you purchase applecare for it or put it on any insurance plan once you returned to the Uk?

6. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

I bought Applecare+ for it in the US when I ordered the phone from apple.com . It is my understanding that if I ever need it, I may be limited to using it in the US. If I do need to use it, I would try at an Apple store in the UK and see what they tell me. If they say that, since I bought the phone in the US, I am limited to claiming on the policy in the US, it will be a hassle, but I knew that will likely be the case when I chose to buy the phone in the US to save money on the purchase. I visit the US a couple of times every year, and also have relatives who live there that I could ship the phone to as well if need be to get it replaced. So, in for my situation I can live with the possibility that my Applecare+ protection may be US-limited.