Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mhkobe

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Don't be such idiot's

In-app purchase can be disabled using parental control. This is stupid. I expect my tax to be used by my government to tackle bigger problems, oh maybe like jobs and the economy, not to appease some idiot "parents."

You are completely right. I would also like to say that the distinction between in app purchases and in game purchases is very clear, the only step that must be taken is for parents to teach their children the difference. As time goes on it seems that more and more people believe that the solution to all their problems is government action. There are many cases where government intervention is required, however, when there is such a simple solution it is illogical for government to get involved.

tvguy

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
for a small sum of a $1billion usd, i volunteer to watch over the innocent children and their purchases. I will smack their little fingers with a a bamboo cane. Suddenly this reminds me of that south park episode where they started smacking "add" kids. "sit down and study." i think parents need to get caned then schooled into using parental controls

+1

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Here we go kids!! Expect lot's of grandstanding and some real knee jerk legislation cause this IS the year to gear up for the big election. I wish someone would inform people that it's their responsibility to be informed consumers AND parents. My kid racked up $380 in cell downloads in one month. I didn't need my senator to step in. I took away her phone for a month, blocked her ability to purchase ANYTHING on it, and worked out the bill with my provider (AT&T) who practically wiped it all away. This is just going to burden us with more laws and subsequently, more taxes in the form of direct taxation of products, indirect taxes by way of price hikes due to a rise in business tax, or BOTH.

All well and good but why didn't you make her pay the full bill herself? Gets the point across real good when that money you were saving up goes bye bye. Or half your allowance for a very long time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.