U.S. Veterans Can Now Use Apple's Health Records Feature

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that its partnership with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to roll out access to the Health Records feature for iPhone has launched, with veterans who receive care through the VA now able to access their information right in the Health app on iOS.

"Helping veterans gain a better understanding of their health is our chance to show our gratitude for their service," said Jeff Williams, Apple's chief operating officer. "By working with the VA to offer Health Records on iPhone, we hope to help those who served have greater peace of mind that their health care is in good hands."
Apple announced the initiative back in February, but it's taken a number of months to get everything in place to launch it to country's largest medical system covering over 9 million veterans at over 1,200 medical facilities.

Article Link: U.S. Veterans Can Now Use Apple's Health Records Feature

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
This is awesome. I haven't connected any of my other records to Health yet. Connected VA and it shows all my visits and information taken from those visits. Cool.

DJM1740

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
It’s a start but needs work. I have a lot of “unreadable data” or “unspecified” entries. I added it last week when I just tried to find the VA in the app. Maybe if I remove it and retry it works better now.

skveezer

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
Looked at the Apps store and was unable to find the apple/VA app. Any clue? Thanks in advance

stillcrazyman

macrumors 68030
Oct 10, 2014
In Exile
Yes, sign in through the Health app. It takes some effort, but once the verification part is done, it works.
I can see my records, but not every detail.