U2 are mac fans

mac15

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 29, 2001
U2 Live in Boston DVD has Mac content! LeRoy Wong found that the U2 Live in Boston DVD contains Mac content, including a Mac OS 9 screensaver and a Mac-specific browser menu. We wonder if U2 are Mac fans. Update: a reader adds: "U2 are huge Mac fans. Their engineer runs much of their show backstage from a PowerBook."

found this here

http://www.macfixit.com/archives/january.02.a.shtml#01-02-02

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Duran Duran

Duran Duran are also Mac Fans, they have a Powerbook onstage with them..

Also, my school concerts are run from an iMac!

A

audioevangelist

U2 are mac fans...

...but then so is everyone else in the Music Business. Bush all have Titaniums, Peter Gabriel has about ten PowerBooks and god knows how many Macs in total, as do all the other former and current members of Genesis, Queen just did a deal with Apple UK to renew all their Macs in exchange for Bo Rhap being used in Apple presentations, the list is endless.

How do I know? Because I work with all these people and none of them want a PC in their life. mike rutherford tried a Dell portable for a while but went to Titanium when nothing worked properly.

In the music business, PCs are an also ran for poor people or those who never get round to actually recording anything!

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
totally

You are correct, At the AppleExpo apple played Bohemian Rapsody thought a 24 channel speaker system with a Powerbook g4, it was amazing!

A

audioevangelist

totally..

Of course I'm right, I was the one who pressed Play at MacExpo (and did the 24 track 24/96 transfer into the Mac at Abbey Road studios)