UA Faker??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mdlooker, Mar 26, 2011.

1. mdlooker, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011

mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I really am not all that tech savvy so a lot of technical terms are unfamiliar to me. So with that said:

I am about ready to install UAFaker on my iPhone to avoid going to mobile sites. So my question is in 3 parts..

1. What causes this 'fake' to happen??

2. If I use mywi to tether, can that tethered device still be detected as a device other than my iPhone?

3. My main concern is since AT&T is trying to tighten up the rings on tethering without their permission and subsequent charges, is there a way to get around this? Meaning is there a way to make my outside devices look as if it's my phone??

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

1) It changes the UserAgent ID of your device to be something different than MobileSafari on an iPhone.

2) Yes, because your computer is requesting the page from the server, not the iPhone. Your phone is no different than your home cable modem at that point.

3) Unknown. Using a VPN would probably help as it encrypts your traffic.

3. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Ok I have to research VPN because I know little to nothing about it.

Thanks

4. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know when it will updated for iphone 5s? Or is there a different cydia app to avoid mobile web sites ?

5. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

yeah i also looked for it but could not find one for the iphone 5 :(

6. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I wish someone had a n answer. I hate these mobile sites.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I use the dolphin browser. It has an option to always go to the desktop site automatically. Plus it has a terrific built in ad blocker and great full screen mode. I use either Nitrous or iWebBoost to enable the nitro JavaScript. Either one will work. Nitrous was just updated recently for proper 64 bit support.

Edit: Plus dolphin has a built in download manager. All in all it's by far the best 3rd kart browser in my opinion.