UAD Apollo and any other UAD gear 20% off!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by wesk702, Nov 27, 2014.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Wow here it is! At proaudiostar.com its 20% off. That's $400 off the UAD apollo! I can't indulge on this now but hopefully before the coupon expires:(

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wow, wish they did this last year when I bought :D

3. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

Hey, do they let you extend your trials for the demos if you request?

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I heard they do, but I haven't tried... I demoed the API Vision (ended up buying it but I don't like it and don't think I've ever found a use where it sounded good) and the Neve 1073 (new) and that one is very nice. Male Pop Vocal preset sounds good on a lot of things, and the Unison preamp is sweet there's a preset in there called Male Vocal and it is super nice. But I usually use the 4-710d for my preamp because analog.

5. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

Ummmm.... I do t know what the hell just happened, but I was playing with a bunch of the coupon code I found online and then found one on the site that said b-stock. Heard good reviews on the b-stock so I just went to see if the code worked. It said $1599 then under the option it was described as "new" so I thought what the hell lets just plug the 20% off code and it dropped to $1249 under the "new" setting. My paypal order kept errori g out so I thought it was no dice, but then as a last straw I plugged in my credit card manually, and it hung up and after a few minutes my order went through, and it says it's preparing for shipment with thinderbolt card for $1249. Is this the best Black Friday deal or what?

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

You got an Apollo for $1249 with Thunderbolt card? ....

Truly impressive. Having my UA setup has cost soooo much, but it is worth it, I'm actually going back and forth between my Final Cut session and MR, currently using the G Bus compressor on Mastering 4 on my YouTube ready export right in the timeline... pretty rad that FCP X reads UA plugins in the session. Back to your amazing deal... are you thinking about getting additional UA gear? I can tell you what is worth investing in depending on your workflow.

7. wesk702, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014

wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

No more hardware, except for putting aside some loot for some Genelec M040s. Waiting for a good deal on those. I was gonna get the new monitors but my MackieHR624s are still solid after 8 years and this deal just blew me away. Hopefully nothing is wrong and they don't cancel it. Plus the recommendations on this board convinced me into the UAD apollo. Should I notice a significant upgrade from my Scarlett 18i20? This deal was too good to pass up.

Plus the website says I'm gonna get hooked up on a few more plugs as a bonus for purchasing before dec 31. I think one of the plugs are a duplicate from the included bundle so it says I can swap one for something else. Recommendations? Really love tape emus, want a simp,e one, not too many frills.
    I'm still blown away.
    If indeed they send me a b stock, it says it can be anything from a refurb, to a returned product, but I saved the screenshot that said the description is new.

Looks like I'm selling my 18i20 that's new if anyone knows any takers.

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

The only tape plugins they currently offer are the Ampex ATR-102 and Studer A800. I have both, they're both good, and I can't honestly say one is better than the other. If you get free plugins that you already have they will give you online store credit for the amount the plug in was worth. And yeah there will be a difference between the Apollo and your Scarlett. The Apollo functions more like a computer and everything is top of the line quality.

9. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

So they ended up telling me that the coupon shouldn't have worked on the b stock. Also my order turned into 3 separate orders because their website had some technical issues. However, because of all the tech issues they said that they will give me a brand new one for $1500. So I got 25% off in the end out the door. Still a pretty awesome deal for a brand new one. Very happy with the, in the past and even more happy today with their customer service. I'm gonna ask if I still qualify for their Cyber Monday deal for 15% off my next order.

10. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

Also, does anyone know if the UAD with TB kit comes with a TB cable?