Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Just got in the case today and took pictures for you guys to help make decisions. I also had the spigen kickstand slim armor that I've been using since day 1 on 19th to compare. Feels pretty light and thin. Compared to spigen, the height is the same, spigen got like 1mm more width, and the UAG got 1mm more thickness.

It comes with screen protector and took pictures of it to see the cutouts. I didn't apply since the spigen crystal clear is still good for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411852756.938564.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411852773.270475.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411852783.305121.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411852797.158020.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411852816.659726.jpg

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
I also have the Spigen kickstand case for my iPhone 6 Plus. Which of the 2 cases do you like better? Seems like the UAG case is a bit bulkier?

grimy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
very curious to here which you like better between these 2--i've been keeping my eye on both. I hear the stand on the spigen is crap. If there is a better lip on the UAG that might be the way to go to protect the screen...

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
very curious to here which you like better between these 2--i've been keeping my eye on both. I hear the stand on the spigen is crap. If there is a better lip on the UAG that might be the way to go to protect the screen...

I wouldn't say the stand on the Spigen is "crap". It's not great but it does work as it should. And it is certainly better to have the stand than a case without one. And when it is snapped in (not in use) it doesn't get in the way, come loose, or detract in any way. So overall having the stand is definitely a plus.

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
I also have the Spigen kickstand case for my iPhone 6 Plus. Which of the 2 cases do you like better? Seems like the UAG case is a bit bulkier?

Both feels the same. It doesn't feel any bulkier. Almost feels like I'm not using the case.

I would have to go with UAG. Got better lip protection for front screen and better grip. It got better all around protection. The spigen got no grip. The metal back is smooth and loses the grip sometimes.

I currently have the spigen tough armor but have been considering picking up a UAG case. How are you liking it?

I love it! I spent a week with the kickstand and UAG for few hours and already loving the UAG over spigen. Better lip and all around protection.

AppleKing786

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Thanks for this. Really helpful.

I am close to buying the uag. Was worried that the grip wouldn't be too much. Those rubbery pieces look more plastic than something rubbery.

Also, how do you like the color? Having a hard time deciding which color to get with my space grey.

Does the uag look elegant or utilitarian? Does it feel cheap or expensive?

Sorry about the questions. Thanks.

1sazim

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
Clear UAG case

I also have the UAG case, same case as above,but with a clear back. It's the same case I used for my Galaxy S3 and it offers great protection. All the openings are cut precisely for maximum usability. I would not hesitate to recommend. I ordered directly from company and was able to use a coupon to make it more affordable.:)

1sazim

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
Thank you. I think I will buy the black one. Would you mind sharing the coupon code?

I wish I could. I called the company and spoke to CS about having used their products before, but after spending $1000 for a phone, every penny was needed, and she gave me a $10 coupon to use one time. They are really wonderful there!:)

CoffeeLover87

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
The Woodlands,TX
I finally received my UAG case today and I couldn't be any happier! The wait for the case was well worth it. It offers really good protection better than my spigen tough armor and feels much better in the hand. Here are some pictures of the case. I would highly recommend it!

42D4706A-A2F7-4818-803D-36DCA4213FFD_zpsfaihthos.jpg

56C748A0-0CBC-4638-8595-801037DCFF8D_zpsi8336ya7.jpg

Sorry for the last picture it was taken with my iPad

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
The clear looks real nice. I went for the black and have it coming probably on Friday. I'm really looking forward to receiving it. Nice to have that extra protection that the Apple case won't give when you need it.

RByers8252

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Got my Maverick case for my 6+ today. Love it to be honest. Super slim and feels protective but comfortable to hold. The black rectangle is for my imagnet car mount which still works perfectly with the case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 306

dtao819

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Would you guys say the Spigen Tough Armor or the UAG case has better protection against bending? That is my main concern. I'm not sure which one has a more rigid backing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.