UAG iPhone 6 Plus in Black

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by titans1127, Oct 10, 2014.

1. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Just got this delivered today and so far I'm really impressed. Been waiting for Speck to do something and since they're taking way too long to get their product out I placed and order with UAG. They did give me a $5 coupon code after I left the case in my shopping cart for a day to sweeten the deal. Came out to $35 shipped, no tax and shipping charges. Got here in 2 days from CA to NY.

Case fits great and is slim yet feels super protective in the hand. The back of the case that has the color is not matte and is slick but doesn't feel like it would slip out of your hand at all. The ridges on the side help with that. Buttons are really tactile and feel like you are pressing the naked button.

Included screen protector is nice as well and will do the trick for those who don't want to spend extra on one. Those who don't like screen protectors should be fine as the lip is substantial enough for when putting the phone screen side down.

All in all this case is definitely worth the $40 they're asking for. Great drop protection in a slim package. Most pics down below were taken with the iPad Air

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412992581.277454.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412992595.245805.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412992670.438459.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412992680.087848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412992687.886067.jpg

2. titans1127 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I got my clear one today and like it too. Are you going to try to find a holster for it?

4. titans1127 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, I'm a phone in pocket kind of guy.

5. arftech, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

arftech macrumors regular

arftech

Wow, I just got my UAG today as well as it's the Maverick model which is the clear see through version and it really sets off my SG iPhone. I'm loving it because the case is not bulky like OtterBox and some others. Let me point out that the buttons on this case really has a tactile feel to them. Well done UAG!

Reason for getting a case...hey, I sometimes drop stuff:( even expensive techie things like iPhones!

You know what's cool? My iPhone came today too.:)

6. AppleKing786 macrumors member

AppleKing786

Ok. so i also received my black case for 6+. Still waiting for the actual phone.

I am impressed with the quality of the case. And i like the size. Seems like it would protect the phone.

But i am really worried about the case being slippery. So the four grip pieces on the side of the phone are decently grippy. And when you are making a call, your fingers will probably land on this grip pieces so you should be good. But most of the time, i will not be making calls. Navigating apps and different parts of the screen would require holding the phone without the fingers on these grip pieces. The phone otherwise is slippery. Perhaps after the phone's weight added, it would get better.

But I am really considering returning it and getting another case that has a better grip. Anyone else had experience using the phone with this case?

7. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

UAG iPhone 6 Plus in Black

I have the clear Maverick, and don't find the case slippery. But mind you, I don't find the phone without a case to be that slippery either.

8. titans1127 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does the clear have any texture to it on the back or is it smooth?

9. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Im really thinking about getting one of these cases too and I would like to know what those two cutouts around the UAG logo are for?

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Looks like an audio cassette had sex with a canteen.

11. AppleKing786 macrumors member

AppleKing786

I had asked UAG support about the two cutouts. This is what he said: "The top holes allows yourself to be seen through the mirrored Apple (females use this frequently) and the bottom allows your phone color to show through."

12. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

You learn something new every day!

Myself, I'd be happy without either of those holes. I have the white Navigator, aka Stormtrooper model. It's a good case, I only wish the lip was a little higher over the screen. This is why I'm currently running a Griffin survivor all-terrain, as I'm in a high risk environment for dropping my phone at work.

13. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

The back is smooth. Typically, only my index finger touches it.

14. newtothis1 macrumors member

just noticed you have the screen protector on your phone, titans1127, looks very good, how do you like it?

the blacks looks super nice, goes well with a space grey iphone like titans1127 has shown, orange is a great color too, not sure which to go with yet..

can we get some pics of the clear case from who ever has it? thank you!

15. stillcrazyman macrumors 65816

stillcrazyman

I recently received my UAG Scout for my not yet shipped 6+. It looks good and feels about as durable as the Ballistic case I've had on my 4S for the last three years.

16. titans1127 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's pretty much your typical plastic screen protector. It fits the phone properly, just past the edges of the screen with no lifting. Its nice and clear but its a fingerprint and smudge magnet. I've pretty much given up on using screen protectors this year so I don't think I will keep this on for long but we shall see.

17. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

18. AE14 macrumors 65816

I think the black is the best looking out of all their options. Its a nice case overall, light with a good deal of corner/edge protection.

19. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I got my UAG cases in 2 colors for the 6+. Now waiting for December to get my upgrade... Hopefully the Apple Store will have a steady stock by then.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414264421.075276.jpg

20. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502