UAG Maverick or wait for LifeProof?

RByers8252

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Hey all,
I have a 6+ and cases are very limited pickings right now, I'm going camping around the 16th and know there will be some opportunities for dropping my new shiny device. I have a Apple Leather case and a Spigen Fit Series A case that offer pretty much no drop protection. I'm pretty good about never dropping my phone but I know when camping especially sitting around camp fire it might happen. Should I pony up the $40 and get a UAG case or are there any other cheap options to get me by until Lifeproof releases theirs?

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
You can get the Griffin Survivor for $48 shipped from Griffin. Just visit their site and join the email list, they send you a 20% off code immediately.

RByers8252

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I just hate the look of the Griffin case, looks cheap and bulky online but I haven't seen one in person to know for sure.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah Griffins look terrible. Except the slim one. I think I'm going to get a Gumdrop drop tech series case when they are released.

BuckeyeMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2012
I've never used UAG or Lifeproof before. But these are the 2 cases I am looking at. The Maverick or Lifeproof.

Is Lifeproof worth the what is going to be $80-$100?

UAG Maverick looks great, and will protect well, since I want to be able to see the apple logo in the back of it

Canzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2013
I was also curious how the lifeproof will look like but the phone is going to arrive soon and I didnt want to invest around 100 for a case so just ordered UAG maverick yesterday :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.