UAG Maverick or wait for LifeProof?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RByers8252, Oct 3, 2014.

1. RByers8252 macrumors regular

Hey all,
    I have a 6+ and cases are very limited pickings right now, I'm going camping around the 16th and know there will be some opportunities for dropping my new shiny device. I have a Apple Leather case and a Spigen Fit Series A case that offer pretty much no drop protection. I'm pretty good about never dropping my phone but I know when camping especially sitting around camp fire it might happen. Should I pony up the $40 and get a UAG case or are there any other cheap options to get me by until Lifeproof releases theirs?

2. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

You can get the Griffin Survivor for $48 shipped from Griffin. Just visit their site and join the email list, they send you a 20% off code immediately.

3. RByers8252 thread starter macrumors regular

I just hate the look of the Griffin case, looks cheap and bulky online but I haven't seen one in person to know for sure.

4. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Yeah Griffins look terrible. Except the slim one. I think I'm going to get a Gumdrop drop tech series case when they are released.

5. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

I've never used UAG or Lifeproof before. But these are the 2 cases I am looking at. The Maverick or Lifeproof.

Is Lifeproof worth the what is going to be $80-$100?

UAG Maverick looks great, and will protect well, since I want to be able to see the apple logo in the back of it

6. Canzz macrumors newbie

I was also curious how the lifeproof will look like but the phone is going to arrive soon and I didnt want to invest around 100 for a case so just ordered UAG maverick yesterday :)