UAG Monarch for iPhone X - HEADS UP

Strokee

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2018
This is just a heads up regarding the UAG (Urban Armor Gear) Monarch case for the iPhone X. These are great cases...I've had them for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ and S9+ and both were perfect.

When I purchased my iPhone X I also purchased the Monarch for it (GoVerizon Store). It just didn't fit as good...it seemed a bit loose in both the top and bottom left corners. You could press down on the screen and there was give/space. I swapped it for a new one, same problem. I tried on a different color of the same case in a local Best Buy store...better, but still not a perfect fit.

I decided to make a warranty claim from UAG, as a final attempt. They honored it (these cases have 10-year warranties) and sent me a new one. Perfect fit. No give, no space or movement. If you are planning on purchasing this case, I would purchase it directly from UAG. For whatever reason the ones in the stores were not a good experience (at least in my neck of the woods).

PhoneMe1

Suspended
Mar 23, 2018
This is just a heads up regarding the UAG (Urban Armor Gear) Monarch case for the iPhone X. These are great cases...I've had them for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ and S9+ and both were perfect.

When I purchased my iPhone X I also purchased the Monarch for it (GoVerizon Store). It just didn't fit as good...it seemed a bit loose in both the top and bottom left corners. You could press down on the screen and there was give/space. I swapped it for a new one, same problem. I tried on a different color of the same case in a local Best Buy store...better, but still not a perfect fit.

I decided to make a warranty claim from UAG, as a final attempt. They honored it (these cases have 10-year warranties) and sent me a new one. Perfect fit. No give, no space or movement. If you are planning on purchasing this case, I would purchase it directly from UAG. For whatever reason the ones in the stores were not a good experience (at least in my neck of the woods).
Yes its well known on here and imore forums, returned mine for same reason. Monarch for the 8 was good. The cosmopolitan is even worse saggy all around i have it, also have the plasma ice and its a good fit.
They failed with the X monarch.

AE14

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Yes its well known on here and imore forums, returned mine for same reason. Monarch for the 8 was good. The cosmopolitan is even worse saggy all around i have it, also have the plasma ice and its a good fit.
That’s a shame. I tried their plyo and it was a decent fit. The others are far too loose for me

Strokee

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2018
The replacement I received directly from UAG fits great. I noticed that the package on the previous cases said “fits new iPhone 2017”...the replacement packaging says “fits iPhone X”. I wonder if they updated the cases themselves to provide a better, tighter fit?

Reactions: PhoneMe1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.